In the circular economy concept, waste and by-products are considered to be valuable resources. In our activity fields, this applies to many by-product types and reuse or recovery paths, such as:
- Coal combustion products (ashes, desulphurizing gypsum) reuse in construction and remediation.
- Biosolids reuse in fields as organic amendment.
- Thermal recovery of combustible waste and by-products.
Carmeuse operates hundreds of lime kilns and several binder blending stations.
We can reuse the following by-products or recovered waste:
- Solidified coal sludge as recovered fuel in our kilns.
- Coal combustion products as a compound of our blended binders.
Carmeuse runs reclamation works in 50 quarries in Europe. Besides this experience, our application experts have comprehensive knowledge of by-product treatment and reuse. They can also provide you with consultancy services and design support in:
- Stabilized coal combustion products reuse in construction and remediation works.
- Solidified/stabilized sediments reuse in construction and landscaping.
- Lime-treated biosolids reuse as soil amendment in agriculture.